Hand tufted rugs are those rugs created without tying any knot. Instead, a tufting gun shoots strands of wool through a canvas. Unlike a hand knotted carpet, a hand tufted rug takes very little time to develop. This greatly reduces the cost of production. As a result, hand tufted rugs are affordable.
Benefits of Hand Tufted Area Rugs
There is not one, two or three ways that tufted rugs can benefit. It will surprise you to know that tufted rugs take over more than 60% of all other pile type rugs visit http://www.elpimenton.com.
Let us discuss some of the added benefits of these area rugs.) An interesting fact about a hand tufted rug is that the majority of them are wool made, the finest fiber for rugs. Yet, you will find tufted carpets made in bamboo silk, jute, acrylic, viscose, and polyester.
- Quick production – Be the rug small or extra-large, it takes less time to produce them. An average rug sizing 8’x10′ can take up to 5-10 days(excluding dying of wool) to complete.
- Inexpensive – While hand knotted area rugs are expensive, tufted rugs can mimic knotted carpets but at very low cost.
- Durable – Hand tufted area rugs are definitely not as durable as hand knotted rugs but they do last for long.
- Shape and size – Hand-tufted carpets also come in small and very large sizes. These rugs also come in all shapes like round, square triangle, animal figures, and birds. If you are looking for a custom hand tufted rug, contact Faisal International.
- Colors – Another great advantage of tufted carpet is that its made in plenty of colors. Match your flooring with the walls or the curtains. You can choose the color that decorates your room more beautiful.
- Carries all types of designs – Other than colors and shapes, they are also made in many designs and patterns. It will surprise you to know that the carpet can also be a duplicate of the hand-knotted rug. Hand tufted carpets can carry modern, traditional as well as contemporary designs.
- Pads not required – The latex at the rug’s back form like rubber and acts as a pad for the rug. So a rug pad isn’t required as the rubber protects the rug from slipping.
Let’s discuss a few easy steps you can take to clean hand tufted area rugs.
Vacuum the rug regularly to avoid soil accumulation. Vacuum at least 1-2 times a month to keep the rug looking fresh and new.
To clean wet stains first blot the stain with a paper towel. If there is excessive wet stain, blot and turn the rug upside down. This will prevent the stain from escaping deeper into the fiber and to its backing.
Pour cold water in a bucket and mix any dish-washing soap or shampoo in it.
Soak a piece of white cloth/towel into the mixture. Now rub it on the rug surface to clean the stain.
Repeat the process until the stain disappears.
Leave it to dry.